Thursday, August 31, 2017

A New Poppet for Poppets & Posies!

What an exciting August of debuts, premieres and launches! The new Create Your Own line of poppets with over a million different combinations, the astounding BeForever poppet debut of Nanea Mitchell and her huge collection of Hawaiian-themed outfits and accessories, and of course so many amazing new outfits for both BeForever poppets and TrulyMe poppets.

So what did Poppets & Posies choose with this bonanza of new offerings by American Girl?

We searched on the secondary market to bring home a TrulyMe poppet with the old torso style. Look at those gorgeous blue eyes!


This TM 65 was offered on the secondary market new-in-box with the old "activity card set" style box. TM 65 doll first debuted in 2016 but I figured the best way to make sure to not run into perma-panties or deal with the need for a possible body swap (offered free by AG doll hospital) was to look secondary market--and I found this lovely new-in-box poppet a bit under retail even with shipping.

I did give her a very slight trim straight out of the box, between 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch around the bottom to even out the sides and better blunt the edges.


I couldn't keep her in the old Lilac Dress meet so as soon as I knew TM 65 was on her way I had gone to AG to shop for something cute for her to wear.

I really did feel like the outfit below was perfect for TM 65 and AG probably feels the same since they use another redheaded poppet model for the outfit on their website. Shopping made easy!


Peplum Top is gorgeous in person and gets an A+. The Tweed Shorts and the Tights & Leggings Set are solid and serviceable for a B+ grade, but the boots took real grit and determination to slide onto the poppet's feet--I was about 30 seconds away from completely giving up and tossing them away in frustration. I give the Ankle Boots a C.

I love the overall look of the outfit in spite of the $46 total price for all the separates, because well, look at her!


Welcome Ginevra Rose!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, she's gorgeous! You've just put a new doll on my radar. I like everything about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I think TM 65 is a bit overlooked compared to the many other dolls released between 2016 and 2017!

      Delete
  2. Love. With all the new releases, which are lovely, I got a secondary market Jess. :) I needto really think about what is a must have of the new stuff. Good to know about the boots.....we have Grace Thomas and her boots are really easy to put on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issue with the boots. I thought they would be as easy to put on as Grace's... nope. I started to think they made Z's feet slightly larger than the other dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Grace's gray boots as well and they slide on like butter--easy slip on. So I was also surprised by how tight the almost identical new Ankle Boots were--I guess they made them a bit smaller at the top opening. I had to tug so hard I was worried I'd rip the boot!

      Delete
  4. She is so pretty!
    ~Gracie
    smileandcraftag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete