Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Reviews: Sunshine Gardening Bench

The Sunshine Gardening Bench is the ideal accessory/set piece. The bench is compact, easy to set up, and the accessories offer many options in terms of posing and playing.


The bench comes with two flowering plants in soil, two flower pots, a birdhouse, watering can, spade, a miniature beehive, two packets of pretend seeds, three paper butterflies, and a sheet of ladybug stickers.


The flowers are primary made of fabric and wire. The flowers are somewhat fragile--one of the orange flower heads may need to be re-glued before long.


The soil is realistic looking and features little worms!


The little bird is firmly glued inside, I tried, but it is not going to come out of its home.


Watering can is plastic and technically could hold and pour water.


The bench has two hooks for tools but offers only a single spade. This feels like a cost-cutting measure that is quite frustrating at this price point.


The paper products are cute. I have not constructed the paper butterflies yet and I may save this treat for next spring.


The ladybugs are intensely cute. I wish I had an extra set of the ladybugs--I hate to break into this pristine set of stickers just yet.


I am quite satisfied with this set even with the issues of the fragile flower head threatening to fall off and their head-scratching decision to skip the second gardening tool for that other hook. 


Overall, I give the Sunshine Gardening Bench an A-. The compact footprint of the bench means it is easy to display and just as easy to store. I also love how it coordinates with the Sunshine Garden Outfit and I look forward to finding other ways to play and coordinate with this bench.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute set. I really love the bee hive. Maybe you could find some more ladybug stickers in the scrapbook section of your local craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Good Friend Blog Award! Visit my blog here: http://agatticgirls.blogspot.com/ for your questions. I really enjoy your reviews and cool posts!

    ReplyDelete