Friday, July 29, 2016

The Saga Collection

Introducing "The Saga Collection"


In my multi-month search for Saga, I had an abundance of time to imagine, plan, and acquire her wardrobe and accessories. The resulting colorful story board is a visual representation Saga's core collection.

I hope to eventually create these fun graphics for all of my poppets as a way to help me to keep track of my sprawling collection. All my poppets share and swap their clothing, but this way I can see with a quick glance who has made a primary claim on an outfit or accessory.

Additionally, with the recent rumor of the retirement of the GOTY line, I felt I needed to take a more active role in the creation of my own characters and stories. In other words, the GOTY line made acquiring new poppets and their collections a bit too easy and passive. In moving toward creating my own collection of "Saga Sisters" an entire new way of creatively interacting with my poppets and my collections has emerged.

2 comments:

  1. Love the story board. I got very inspired by Lea this year, and did something similar. While we have purchased the collection (minus the largest items), I felt several items were missing (jacket/raincoat for example, and more short and tops were needed) and made them or purchased them (Seaside Fun). It helped that Lea's story was one that I could relate to--while we haven't gone anywhere as exotic as Brazil, we do enjoy a beach and hiking vacation most years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collage. I love how you have it dispersed. I also had to smile at how many items are in my collection. :)

    ReplyDelete