Tuesday, December 13, 2016

PWP "Grace Thomas Trio"

If you blinked you missed this fun trio of GOTY Grace Thomas inspired PWPs and Rewards outfits.


What all three outfits have in common besides being short lived surprises this month is that they all feature actual pieces or repurposed materials from 2015 GOTY Grace Thomas' collection. 


The Pale Pink & Tweed Outfit appeared during American Girl's Cyber Monday online sale for the price of $12. (If this or any of the other outfits debuted earlier, please let me know.) The outfit did not last long and sold out within a day or two. It was also seen at a few in-store locations as a special Rewards Member outfit between December 7 - 12.

It consists of Grace's silver bow sandals from her Sightseeing Outfit, a simple black tweed made out of the identical fabric from her City Outfit shorts, and a new pink tee with a sweet flower embroidery. 


I would want this outfit for the cute pale pink tee alone!


The Polka Dot Dress was not featured on Cyber Monday but rather has shown up at some stores as an exclusive Rewards offer available FREE to Rewards Members when purchasing $50 or more.

The dress itself is made out of Grace's Baking Outfit apron and the headband is also from the apron trim. Simple black flats with a pink bow are included, though I do not know if these were made from Grace materials and components as well.


The dress is simple but cute! I do not know if it is still available in the stores as a Rewards item.



Finally the Sequin Skirt Outfit was also released on Cyber Monday for $12 and sold out within a short period of time at that price.

The Sequin Skirt Outfit contains black sequin material used in Grace's Sightseeing Outfit, specifically the yoke of her top. The headband appears to be from Grace's City Outfit and the shoes may also be from materials used in the some outfit but I will need to compare in person. 



The embroidered flower is really nice, but the down home rough cotton fabric and folksy top stitched hems is miss-matched with the flashy sequined skirt--it definitely needs to be paired with a different outfit in my opinion.

And finally, thank you to Krystina for her permission to share these images of her Lea wearing the Polka Dot Dress! Many of us would not even know this outfit existed and it is sure to cause some confusion in future years when people try to place a finger on "where did THAT dress come from?"



Did you miss out? Will you be scouring the secondary market for these flash PWPs?

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I knew about the two Cyber Monday outfits....but had not seen the black dress. It is the cutest out of the lot I think. I did order the two Cyber Monday sets because I thought they were a good value, and I have to say.....the tank top was definitely disappointing to me. On it's own, it is cute but it seems too casual for the skirt. As separates they are great though. =) Thanks again for the pic of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the white tank has possibilities if matched creatively--I hope to see some fun mix-and-match options with it on Instagram.

      Delete
  2. I WISH I had gotten the chance to buy that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you missed it! It is also selling like hotcakes on secondary market but for quite a markup.

      Delete
    2. It may show up as pwp in the stores. I got the one with the pinkish shirt and black skirt with silver sandals/ shoes free as a Rewards Member with a 50.00 purchase only on 12-9-16 in stores only.

      Delete
  3. I love the Trio!!!!!!!I would love to show you by email what I did for my one I got got free to Rewards Members last Friday with a 50.00 purchased. I hope to get the other two. I never ever order online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you have done. :) I can be reached at lauraisabellanoelle@gmail.com

      Delete